Uniform - Dress Code
The dress code is an important part of Bullis School life.
The dress code is an important part of Bullis School life. It reduces superficial comparisons between people and emphasizes the common experience that we share as members of this school community. It contributes to a sense of campus decorum and simplicity and the dress code guidelines convey an element of respect for the Bullis community.
- Students are to adhere to the dress code from the time they arrive at school until the end of the school day. Modifications to the dress code for religious or health reasons must be requested through the appropriate division head, assistant head, or class dean. All clothing must be neat, clean and in good repair and skirts/kilts, and skorts must be worn at an appropriate length.
- Distracting hair styles are not permitted. Students with facial hair should be neatly manicured and properly groomed. Tattoos should be covered and not be visible.
- Students may not adorn their clothes, bodies or belongings with political, offensive, or divisive markings or messages.
- Students may not wear hats, hooded sweatshirts/jackets, or other non-religious head wear during the academic day. Students may wear winter hats and jackets outside during the winter months.
- Lower School students are frequently taken outdoors for recess, lunch, library, art, Spanish, and music. During the winter, students should be dressed warmly— jackets, mittens/gloves, and hats.
- Students wearing clothing deemed to be in violation of the Bullis dress code may not be permitted to attend class and may be penalized or disciplined. When a teacher confronts a student to correct a dress code violation, the student is expected to comply immediately. Participation in the life of the school is contingent upon proper adherence to the dress code.
The Bullis School Store carries many required Bullis dress code items and apparel.
- Shop online
- In-store: located on the first floor of the Discovery Building
- Global Schoolwear by Tommy Hilfiger (online)
- Bullis School Code: BULL01
- Note: The Bullis Skort is available along with other uniform clothing.