Campus is closed to all but Bullis staff members on school business. All activities and events are canceled. All turf fields, grass fields, the Stadium track, the Fitness Center, and the playground are closed.
Bullis launched its Remote Learning Program on Wednesday, March 18, to continue through Friday, March 20, when Spring Break begins. Remote learning will resume Tuesday, March 31, following the break, and is expected to continue through April 24.
Please visit ► www.Bullis.org/coronavirus for updates on the Bullis Coronavirus Action Plan.
Thank you to everyone in the Bullis community for helping to keep our students learning and our community safe. #BullisRemoteLearning
Athletics After Bullis
Tips for student-athletes
Some student-athletes have a goal to participate in athletics at a collegiate level. The Bullis Athletic Department and staff are very willing to help student-athletes pursue this goal. To this end, we offer several important tips.
- Communication with the coach is imperative. Student-athletes who have a strong desire to compete at the collegiate level should schedule an appointment with their coach to discuss this important decision.
- The driving force behind college selection should ultimately be the academic fit. Athletic opportunities are important, yet secondary to academic fit and opportunities.
- Coaches and student-athletes should work in conjunction with the college counselor to develop a ‘reality’ list of potential college choices.
- The student-athlete should create a resume that represents their overall high school experience and highlights athletic accomplishments. Coaches and counselors are available to assist if need be. The resume should be reviewed with their coach and college counselor.
- The student-athlete should create a letter of interest to be sent, along with the resume, to the coaches at the respective colleges. This letter should be reviewed with the coach and counselor before finalizing and mailing it.
- The student-athlete should meet with the college counselor to discuss the process for registering with the NCAA Eligibility Center. The counselor will also share with you the key resource material from the NCAA. (NCAA Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete).