Campus is closed to all but Bullis staff members on school business. All activities and events are canceled. All turf fields, grass fields, the Stadium track, the Fitness Center, and the playground are closed.
Bullis launched its Remote Learning Program on Wednesday, March 18, to continue through Friday, March 20, when Spring Break begins. Remote learning will resume Tuesday, March 31, following the break, and is expected to continue through April 24.
Please visit ► www.Bullis.org/coronavirus for updates on the Bullis Coronavirus Action Plan.
Thank you to everyone in the Bullis community for helping to keep our students learning and our community safe. #BullisRemoteLearning
Performances and Shows
Showcasing the Talent and Accomplishments of Our Students
The Blair Family Center for the Arts provides a state-of-the-art home for a robust arts program at Bullis—music, theater, dance and visual arts.
To showcase the talent and accomplishments of all of our student-artists, a wide array of performances and shows is scheduled throughout the year, for all grades. Some provide opportunities for all students to participate through their classes, and other are extra-curricular opportunities. Listed below are all the major events; other smaller event, shows and performances are also held throughout the year.
- 5th Grade Musical, in spring
- Third Grade Musical
- Fourth Grade Musical
- Middle School Winter Musical
- Fall Theater Festival
- Fall Jazz and Dance Program Show
- Upper School Musical
- AP Art Shows each trimester highlight student work from the previous trimester (or summer). Students curate, promote and produce all AP art shows.
- Advanced Art Show each spring presents student work from this class of 10th and 11th graders, before they proceed to AP Art.
- Open Studio Art Show presents work from the fall after-school art elective.
- Middle School Art Show presents work by 8th grade majors and minors and Middle School open studio students.
- All Staff Art Show each winter provides an opportunity for the community to enjoy the work of all Bullis staff members. Each show includes not just the Arts faculty but also artists throughout the Bullis staff community.
- December’s Festival of Light—one for the Lower and Middle School and one for the Upper School—features chorus, all bands and orchestras and dance.
- Spring concerts for all divisions at the end of the school year highlight chorus and all bands and orchestras
- Independent School Choral Festival at National Cathedral for the Upper School choirs, each fall
- Jazz Cafes each trimester, featuring the Upper School jazz program including Jazz Workshop and Jazz Ensemble.
“The Theater Department has helped me become a better actor than I could have ever dreamed of. It also exposed me to technical theater, which I would have never previously tried.”Sarah D., 12th grade
“I discovered my interest in stage managing while working on the winter musical.”Jennifer S., 12th grade