Campus is closed to all but Bullis staff members on school business. All activities and events are canceled. All turf fields, grass fields, the Stadium track, the Fitness Center, and the playground are closed.
Bullis launched its Remote Learning Program on Wednesday, March 18, to continue through Friday, March 20, when Spring Break begins. Remote learning will resume Tuesday, March 31, following the break, and is expected to continue through April 24.
Please visit ► www.Bullis.org/coronavirus for updates on the Bullis Coronavirus Action Plan.
Thank you to everyone in the Bullis community for helping to keep our students learning and our community safe. #BullisRemoteLearning
Bullis is debuting a new schedule for the 2019-2020 school year. The schedule was developed by a task force of nearly 40 teachers, staff, and administrators from all divisions of the school. The task force considered the latest educational research, brain science, rand consulted focus groups of parents and students.
They have designed a schedule that aligns closely with the Bullis mission and promotes the Bullis core academic values of critical thinking, collaboration, communication, resourcefulness, and creativity. When the schedule was piloted in the Spring of 2019, many students and faculty who were surveyed recommended that the new schedule be adopted immediately.
- A five-day rotation and a four-day rotation. There will not be Blue or Gold Weeks.
- Each class will meet four days a week, and while all blocks will be 55 minutes in length, and we have maintained the flexibility to add a 70-minute block when needed.
- In the event a school week is only four days due to a holiday, the schedule provides that each class will still meet at least three days that week.
- There are four lunch periods (one Lower School, one Middle School and two Upper School).
- Community time (advisories, clubs, divisional assemblies, MS independent reading, US office hours) occurs in the middle of the day to allow for additional student support, faculty collaboration, and flexibility in programming.