Commencement for the Class of 2018 is June 4, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. at The Music Center at Strathmore.
Leading up to the big event, the Senior Class has a variety of special events and deadlines to make note of (see below). In addition, we list here reminders and information so you can plan for Commencement.
This page will be updated frequently with new information and important reminders. Please bookmark it so you can easily return for the latest details!
|May 7 - 18||AP Exams||
|May 8||Graduation tickets will be mailed home||
|May 14||Yearbook Signing||
|May 14||Last Day of Senior Classes||
|May 15 - 18||Senior Exams||
|May 21 - 25||Senior Habitat for Humanity Service Trips||
|May 30||Senior Supper (5:30pm)||Lakewood Country Club|
|June 1||Graduation Rehearsal, Mandatory (1:30pm)||Howard Auditorium|
|June 1||Senior Family Awards and Reception (4:30pm)||Reception follows awards|
|June 4||Commencement, Strathmore (7:30pm)||Graduates arrive, 5:15; Parents by 6:45|
|TBD||Senior Parent Social||Organized by parents|
On Feb. 15, parents of the Class of 2018 will receive by email a ticket survey/request form. Responses will be due back by Feb. 26 to request the number of tickets you would like for your family for the June 4 Commencement.
Each student may receive up to 10 tickets at no cost.
Additional tickets will be allotted as available based on your ticket request. Each additional ticket costs $25/ticket.
Graduation tickets will be mailed home on Tuesday, May 8
Each student will receive ten personalized announcements at no cost, which will be sent home with students on April 24.
Additional announcements may be purchased in the School Store, at the cost of ten announcements for $10.
The event will take place at Lakewood Country Club, 5:30 p.m.
A class picture will be taken at 5:45.
The event features student and staff speakers, along with the traditional senior sharing.
Invitations will be sent by email in April.
- Boys: Coat and tie
- Girls: Dresses or blouse with dress slacks/skirt
Attendance for Graduation Rehearsal, in the Athletic Center, is mandatory for all seniors, starting at 1:30 p.m.
Students will receive caps and gowns at this time and a class picture will be taken.
- Boys: Dress slacks, white collared shirt, tie, and dress shoes
- Girls: Light colored dress or white blouse and skirt or white blouse and dark slacks, with appropriate dress shoes (no flip-flops).
The reception and awards ceremony will take place in The Blair Center. The reception (in the Blair Lobby) will begin at 4:30 p.m. Light food will be available and each student will receive a copy of the class video and class picture.
The awards program will include a showing of the Senior Video, and begin at 5:00 p.m. All families are invited and encouraged to attend, to celebrate the Class of 2018. The program will end at approximately 6:45 p.m.
Boys: Dress slacks, white collared shirt, tie, and dress shoes
Girls: Light colored dress or white blouse and skirt or white blouse and dark slacks, with appropriate dress shoes (no flip-flops).
Graduation will take place at The Music Center at Strathmore.
Graduates must arrive by 5:15 with their cap and gown.
Bus transportation from Bullis will be available .
Before the ceremony (between 5:15 and 7:30), the students will:
- Receive a boxed meal
- Participate in a rehearsal in the Music Center
- Take a class picture
- Receive alumni pins and school medallions
Boys: Dark slacks, white shirt, tie and dress shoes
Girls: White dress or white blouse and skirt or dark slacks and appropriate dress shoes (no flip-flops)
- Parents should arrive no later than 6:45 p.m.
- Parking at The Music Center at Strathmore is in the adjacent Metro Garage and is complimentary.
- The doors to the Music Center Hall will open at 7:00 p.m.
- There are plenty of seats and all sight-lines are good, so getting in line early is not essential.
- Do not forget your tickets!
- The Commencement ceremony lasts approximately two hours.
- Bullis hires professional photographer and videographer, and photos and video will be available to purchase (information provided after the event).