Bullis Fund FAQs
Yes, all Bullis Fund gifts are fully tax deductible.
I have multiple children at Bullis; does my one gift count towards each class participation percentage?
Yes, your gift counts toward each class’s participation percentage.
The Bullis Fund follows the School’s fiscal calendar, launching on July 1 and closing on June 30 each year. We ask every member of the community to contribute early in the year, as gifts are used immediately to support every Bullis student.
A gift is an outright donation of cash or securities expendable immediately for the benefit of the School, whereas a pledge is a promise of a specific gift before the close of the fiscal year, June 30. Pledges allow families the flexibility to demonstrate their intentions early on and make the actual gift at the best time of year for them.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by employees. This is a great way to double or even triple your Bullis Fund gift. The donor’s name will appear in the giving society that reflects the donor’s gift plus the matching gift. Check with your human resources office to see if your company sponsors a matching gift program.
- The Bullis Fund provides Bullis with powerful financial flexibility to meet core commitments and support new initiatives, creating a Bullis experience that ensures students will continue to receive an unparalleled educational experience.
- Gifts to the Bullis Fund provide scholarships and financial aid, purchase laboratory equipment and light bulbs, update classroom technology, support faculty initiatives and salaries and much, much more.
1. Online Giving: To make a gift or pledge online please visit our secure Online Gift form. Bullis gladly accepts MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover credit cards. These gifts are recognized at full value on the date that a charge is accepted by the bank.
2. By Check: Please make checks payable to Bullis School. Be sure to indicate in the memo field or in an accompanying letter that your gift is for the Bullis Fund.
3. Make a Pledge: Pledges can be made at any point in the school year, but must be fulfilled by the end of the School's fiscal year, June 30.
If you have any questions, please contact Sharon Kessler, Director of Annual Giving, at 301-634-3697 or via email.
Gifts to the Bullis Fund help meet current operating budget needs. Your Bullis Fund support goes directly into the current school year’s operating funds. Capital funds do not go toward the operating budget, but provide the necessary support to fund projects and improvements driven by the objectives of the school’s strategic plan.