Yesterday morning our Head of School, Christian Sullivan, offered support to students and faculty following the events that occurred at the U.S. Capitol on January 6th. "Our goal will be to reaffirm the school's values and to provide a sense of comfort to students who may be distraught. My message will be in support of our democratic institutions and process, and one of anti-violence", said Sullivan in an email communication to Bullis parents on Wednesday afternoon.
Christian Sullivan and division directors provided faculty with age-appropriate talking points and valuable resources to discuss these issues with our students.
- Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers
- Explaining the News to Our Kids
- Discussing Hate and Violence with Children
- How to Talk to Your Kids About the Breach at the US Capitol
- Helping Children Cope After a Traumatic Event
- Independent School Management (ISM) Today's Violent Protest in Washington, D.C.
Additionally, next Wednesday, January 13 Jessy Molina, founder of Molina Consulting and nationally recognized trainer and facilitator on issues of diversity, equity, and social justice, will virtually meet with faculty to help us process this week's events.