With the approach of spring break, we are aware that many of our students, staff, and community members will have travel plans. Some of these trips are school-sponsored and within our purview. Trips planned by staff and families are left to the responsibility and judgment of those individuals.
We have made decisions and defined important guidelines as follows:
- All international school-sponsored student trips over spring break will be canceled. This is to protect our students and staff from the risk of infection in an uncontrolled environment.
- Specific information about international trips will be conveyed separately to involved families from the program leaders.
- We ask that you carefully consider your travel plans over the upcoming weeks for your own health and safety and that of your family and community.
For families and staff members with international travel plans in the upcoming weeks, we ask that you observe these recommendations and requests:
- If you leave the United States, we ask that, upon your return, you self-quarantine for 14 days before returning to campus. Any student who is quarantined will receive appropriate instructional support from each division in order to make up work.
- Please inform the School if you have been overseas and if your child has accompanied you on a trip, before returning to campus or sending your child back to classes.
We are taking precautionary measures to protect our Bullis community—students, staff, and families—as well as the efficacy of our day to day operations.
We are monitoring every aspect of developing situations as closely and carefully as possible.
- At this time, we are also monitoring instances of household members who travel outside the country—however, only those in the Bullis community who are directly traveling will be required to quarantine themselves.
- Please note that in this constantly changing situation, conditions may require us to update our policies with little or no notice.
- If your international travel is not absolutely necessary at this time, we encourage you to reconsider plans in order to minimize exposure to yourself, your family, coworkers, and students.
The nation and the world are experiencing unique and unfortunate circumstances right now. This is possibly an unsafe time to travel, certainly to some locations, and a good time to assess how you might help prevent the spread of COVID-19, an unusually fast-moving illness.
All school-sponsored trips are canceled.