Congratulations to our Bullis thespians! Last weekend, 27 Bullis students attended the 2021 Virtual Maryland Thespian Festival to learn from theatre professionals, attend workshops, watch performances, and participate in other activities.
Students could also submit performance and technical theatre videos in a variety of categories to be adjudicated by college professors. Many of our students received accolades for their submissions.
- Josselyn Lee '22 was awarded the 2021 Summer Theatre Immersion Scholarship to attend the summer acting program at the Iron Crow Theatre in Baltimore.
- Sam Pepper '24, Samantha Kotok '24, and Brooke Rosen '24 received 2nd place in the 24-hour viral monologues.
- Hannah Hanson '21 and Charlie Yang '23 were awarded the 2021 Thespy Award Winner’s Showcase for Technical Theatre and Superior Ranked Thespys qualification to send their scenic designs to the Virtual International Thespian Festival in June.
The majority of our students received excellent ratings on their submissions in design, monologues, musical theatre, and more. They all deserve a round of applause and a standing ovation!
- Kendall Allen '22 - Scenic Design
- Lily Bass '22 - Solo Musical Theatre
- Allie Berman '22 - Solo Musical Theatre
- Naomi Calhoun '23 - Monologues
- Anita Chen '23 - Scenic Design
- Sienna Greenleaf '23 - Monologues
- Ashley Hays '24 - Monologues
- Samantha Kotok '24 - Monologues
- Josselyn Lee '22 - Monologues & Partner Scene
- Nathaniel Lombardo '21 - Scenic Design
- Victoria Marshall '23 - Monologue & Solo Musical Theatre
- Paige Merril '22 - Monologues & Partner Scene
- Sam Moseman '24 - Scenic Design
- Sam Pepper '24 - Monologues
- Peri Perkins '22 - Monologues & Solo Musical Theatre
- August Phelps '21 - Scenic Design
- Cyrus Rassael '24 - Monologues
- Brooke Rosen '24 - Monologues
- Ella Rosoff '23 - Scenic Design
- Akshara Santoshkumar '23 - Solo Musical Theatre
- Charlie Sims '22 - Scenic Design