When did you start at Bullis?
- In 6th grade
What classes have you most enjoyed at Bullis and why?
- Throughout my time at Bullis, many classes have stood out to me as favorites. Even with stiff competition, every year I find my Latin class to be my favorite. I have taken Latin since 6th grade, starting with Latin A and now to AP Latin, with Mr. Green, Ms. Beckman, or Ms. Kvasnyuk. To me, these exude the Bullis way - I feel part of a community and enthusiastic about learning. AP World with Ms. Melanson stood out for me for the same reasons, as Ms. Melanson cultivates a caring and challenging learning environment. So far, the Humanities Seminar with Ms. Worthy and Ms. Hosmer is a fast favorite this year.
What activities do you participate in at Bullis?
- I participate in the winter musical and lacrosse after school at Bullis. I have taken art and theatre electives, and had multiple leadership roles in the International Thespian Society. I’m also a Bullis Student Tutor and Bullis Ambassador. Outside of school, I work with Generation Hope, which works to provide resources and education to teen moms and their children, and Open Door Sports as a pen pal to two girls with special needs.
What are you most passionate about and why?
- I love music, art, and reading. My favorite place in the world is at a concert and there’s hardly a time when I’m not playing music. I’m an avid reader and enjoy scouring for meaning in lyrics when I find new music. I’m also passionate about art. I take Advanced Studio Art II at Bullis, and love painting and going to art museums in my free time. I’m also happiest when I’m spending time with my family and friends.
What global challenge would you like to see tackled and how do you see yourself contributing to the positive change that you desire?
- I am troubled by the world's global environmental issues that humans have caused. Biodiversity loss is an extremely pressing matter, as habitat destruction is occurring at an alarming rate and several species have been driven towards extinction. In the future, I would like to combat this issue by creating initiatives that help improve environments for animals to live in.
What do you like most about the Bullis community?
- One thing I love about the Bullis community is how it breeds kindness. Wherever I go, I feel welcomed. I am able to have friends in many different places - with those who I share classes with, do activities with, or meet in other places. The whole community fits together because we work towards a common goal. Everyone wants to feel welcome, engaged, and understood. We help others feel this way by uplifting our classmates and looking out for each other.
- When I came to Bullis, my intentions were clear. I wanted a place that gave me balance- the ability to be an artist, student, athlete, and more. Bullis allows me to try things I wouldn’t have at another school, while still delving into passions and interests. The small class sizes, caring teachers, phenomenal student body, and many opportunities provided are what makes Bullis so special. The flexibility and support Bullis gives each student allows for every person to grow.
- Class of 2022