Aniya Dyer ‘21
What grade are you currently in and how long have you been a student at Bullis?
- I’m in 12th Grade and have been at Bullis for four years.
What classes have you most enjoyed at Bullis and why?
- There are many classes I have enjoyed taking during my time at Bullis, however, my personal favorites have been in the STEM areas, such as Darkroom Photography I & II with Ms. Donegan. I enjoyed being able to learn about an older art form and the science behind making art with light. I also enjoyed Maker Lab because I was able to create anything my heart desired; with the help of Mr. Zigler I learned how to use various engineering and construction tools. In AP English Language & Composition with Ms. Hosmer we were able to let our reading come to life through various activities and methods. The books we read were fun and interesting, with never a dull moment in our learning.
What activities do you participate in at Bullis?
- I participate in:
- Student Government Association
- Peer Mentors
- Bullis Student Tutors
- Bullis Ambassadors
- National Honor Society
- National Arts Honor Society
- Black Student Union
- Partners in Health Club Co-President
- Teens with Heartsongs
- Varsity Volleyball
- Track and Field
- Maker Lab - activity
- Spring Play
- KEEN Prom
- Black Girls Rock
- Bullis Science National Honor Society
- Caring for Cambodia service trip
What do you like most about the Bullis community?
- What I like most about the Bullis community is there are many opportunities for students to get out of their comfort zone. Making all of the community members unique in their own ways.
What are you most passionate about and why?
- I am most passionate about being a role model and leader to other young black girls. In all that I do my goal is to help pave the way for people who look like me, because I believe that it is important that black girls have someone to look up to and inspire them to try new things.
What global challenge would you like to see tackled and how do you see yourself contributing to the positive change that you desire?
- I would love the global challenge of healthcare tackled. I plan to contribute to the positive change I desire by being a part of Doctors Without Borders when I get older, and through this program I hope to help provide accessible healthcare to those in third world countries. However, I can’t wait 10 years until I finish medical school, I am starting now by being the Co-President of the Partners in Health Club where we raise money towards these goals.
- Bullis is a place that truly cares about exemplifying our core values: caring, challenging, and community. Caring is found through your teachers and classmates that support you in and outside of the classroom. Challenging can be seen when you are encouraged by others in our community to rise up past what obstacles you think can stop you. Community is all around you, Bulldog pride unites us all and has made us into one family.
- Class of 2021