Middle School 6-8
Cultivating Independence & Leadership in a Supportive Academic Environment
In Middle School at Bullis, we grow as learners.
- We explore and take risks
- We accomplish goals we never dreamed we could
- We support our peers through collaboration
We construct, write, speak, experiment, and try again. We organize, measure, and investigate. We run and sweat, we dream and create. Along the way, we advocate for ourselves, serve others, and work together. We become leaders.
Students take academic & intellectual risks in Middle School
Teachers create the conditions for discovery. Increasingly independent students do the rest. Students explore project-based and experiential learning, and develop social-emotional and metacognitive skills. Throughout Middle School, students embrace opportunities and master the skills needed for a rigorous Upper School experience.
In Middle School, we encourage students to think about their choices and actions as they blossom into leaders and problem solvers both inside and outside the classroom. Watching students develop from children to young adolescents over the three Middle School years inspires the entire Middle School team. We never tire of seeing our students transform.
- Specialized seminars and differentiated instruction further contribute to Bullis’ personalized learning environment in the Middle School.
- In small classes, Bullis faculty inspire and cultivate a desire to learn.
- Students explore project-based and experiential learning, and develop social-emotional and metacognitive skills.
- Throughout Middle School, students embrace opportunities and master the skills needed for a rigorous Upper School experience.