Understanding Testing for College Acceptance
Standardized testing is an ever changing landscape and can often be confusing to students and parents.
We want to provide some basic information to help inform your choices, but we also encourage all families to carefully read the standardized testing policies of the colleges in which they are most interested.
- What Tests Are Required?
- Test-Optional / Test Flexible Policies
- SAT / ACT Registration Deadlines
- Testing Registration
- Individual College Counseling
- Important Notes
- International Students
- Summary of Test Policies & Definitions
What Tests Are Required?
Test-Optional / Test Flexible Policies
SAT / ACT Registration Deadlines
Individual College Counseling
Summary of Test Policies & Definitions
- Sophomores and juniors are automatically registered for the PSAT/NMSQT each fall.
- Bullis chooses to administer the test on the National Wednesday Test Date (mid-October).
- Scores are received in December.
- For juniors, this is the National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test.
- Sophomores are automatically registered for the Pre-ACT exam each year.
- Bullis chooses to administer the test in the winter trimester; the date varies each year.
- Scores are received approximately one month after testing.