The Bullis Parents Association is committed to developing and strengthening the family-school partnership in order to enhance the education and experience of all Bullis students and to build a strong community. Every parent of a Bullis student is a member of the Parents Association.
The Parents Association Board is composed of parent volunteers, including officers, committee chairs and grade level coordinators. The president of the Parents Association is an ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees.
Parents Association Board meetings are generally held once a month during the school year. The meetings begin at 8:00 a.m., with the exception of the April meeting which is at 7:00 p.m. All meetings are held in the conference room in Founders’ Hall. For additional information please contact Michelle Cohen, president of the Parents Association for 2012-2013.
The Parents Association supports the school community by:
- Publishing a monthly Parents Association newsletter
- Welcoming and helping to orient new families to the Bullis community
- Working with the principals and class advisors to plan and support meaningful community service activities
- Supporting the Annual Fund and the Gala
- Supporting educational forums for parents and students to address issues of concern to the School.
- Sponsoring activities designed to celebrate the School’s cultural diversity
- Coordinating faculty appreciation days and sponsoring special events for Bullis faculty and staff
- Awarding faculty enrichment grants to bring new programs and resources to the Bullis community
- Coordinating opportunities for parents to become better acquainted, with the goal of building community at the grade level
- Promoting school spirit at athletic events and activities
- Participating in the Parents’ Council of Washington, a consortium of 50 area independent schools
- top -