At Bullis, green initiatives have become green principles. Thinking green, sustainable and local is now part of daily campus life, from recycling to renewable energy use, reducing electricity to reducing trash, and much more.
- Bullis installed a 110kw solar electric (photovoltaic) power system on the Blair Family Center for the Arts. Learn more about Bullis’ solar power system.
- Bullis derives 100% of the electricity it uses from renewable energy sources (wind and solar power).
- Bullis was awarded membership to the 2011 Green Power Leadership Club by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The purchase requirements of renewable energy are ten times those of membership for the Green Power Partnership.
- Bullis participates in the annual Green Cup Recycle Challenge, a competition among area independent schools every April that encourages recycling and the reduction of electricity usage and trash production.
- Bullis has installed software to monitor the solar energy generated and used on an hourly basis.