How many of the following statements can you agree with?
- I am comfortable with technology.
- I take responsibility for my learning.
- I understand that learning online is different than learning in a traditional classroom.
- I am capable of working independently.
- I am self-disciplined.
- I can learn from a variety of media, including lectures, videos, online discussions, reading, and research.
- I usually understand written instructions easily.
- I manage my study time efficiently and complete assignments on time.
- I ask for help if I have trouble understanding a concept.
- I enjoy learning new computer skills and programs.
- I can set aside 8-12 hours each week to work in my online course.
- I have reliable access to a newer computer with a high-speed connection.
- I can download and install new software on my computer.
- I have an appropriate web browser.
- I am comfortable and proficient at creating, saving, and locating different types of files on a computer.
- I have access to a webcam and microphone for simple multimedia participation.
- I can create, send, forward, reply to, save and delete email messages.
- I can send, open and save email attachments.
- I can locate and access information using a web search engine.
- I can use “talk” or “chat” features for real-time communication.
Evaluate your readiness for online learning:
16-20 statements in agreement: You are a good candidate for online learning.
15 or less: You may be a candidate for online learning but you may prefer the additional support and interaction in a traditional classroom.