By Dr. B., Upper School Science
September 29, 2016
Every teacher has a few quirky favorite expressions that he or she uses in all kinds of situations. I recently came to the realization that I have accumulated a few of mine over the years. I use these expressions frequently in my conversations with students, colleagues and parents.
I think it's time that I made a list of these expressions and shared them with the broader community. I will let the readers decide when and where to use these quotes, but I can guarantee their effectiveness if they are handled well. I would recommend that you insert one of these quotes into the conversation at the dinner table and watch in amazement the awkward silence that ensues.
- Lefty loosy righty tighty
- Sometimes you've got to wear stretchy pants.
- Done is better than perfect.
- Once is luck, twice is coincidence and thrice is a pattern.
- Good talk, see you out there.
- Don't text and talk.