Student-athletes shall not use or possess tobacco products, drugs, alcohol or performance enhancing drugs such as steroids, whether it occurs on or off of school property or at a Bullis school function.
Consequences for violations of the Drug, Alcohol, and Tobacco Policy:
- The student-athlete will be suspended from interscholastic competition for one week. (one or two games)
- The student-athlete will lose any leadership position on the team for the remainder of the season.
- The student-athlete will be dismissed from interscholastic competition for the remainder of the season.
- The student-athlete will be required to attend substance-abuse counseling as recommended by the school.
Student-athletes must maintain a cumulative average of 70 and have no failing grades in a marking period. Grades will be reviewed after the official submission to the upper school office at each mid-trimester and again at the end of each trimester, a total of six times each year. All student suspensions will be initiated on the day that grades are reviewed.
Consequences for violations of the Academic Eligibility Policy:
- The student-athlete will initially be suspended from interscholastic competition for one week. (one or two games)
- The student-athlete’s academic performance will be reassessed after one week and will be based on grades, effort, teacher comments, and other necessary indicators of progress. Students will become eligible as soon as teachers report that the student is successfully passing all classes or when they have demonstrated through effort grades and teacher comments progress towards improving his/her overall performance.
Bullis student-athletes are expected to display appropriate conduct and sportsmanship at all times through the season.
Consequences for violations of the Sportsmanship Policy:
- If a student-athlete is ejected from a game, he or she will be suspended from the next interscholastic competition.
- If a student-athlete is ejected from a second game for unsportsmanlike behavior during the same season, he or she will be suspended from the next two interscholastic competitions.
- Any player ejected from more than two games for unsportsmanlike behavior during one season will be suspended for the remainder of the season and will lose the opportunity to receive any post-season honors.
Individual league policies in boys’ soccer (IAC) and boys’ ice hockey (IAC) meet or exceed the consequences detailed in (1) above and thus supersede the Sportsmanship Policy in the case of a single ejection. The Sportsmanship Policy applies to all student-athletes in cases of two or more ejections in a single season.